Do Not Submit is a series of free open mics around Chicagoland where people from all walks of life and backgrounds can come together each month to connect through the sharing of personal stories in a safe, supportive environment free from pressure, judgment, or a cover charge.
No experience is necessary to participate.
All are welcome to speak or simply listen.
Everyone has a story to tell, and we want to hear yours.
Do Not Submit is produced by Scott Whitehair and only made possible by an extraordinary team of enthusiastic, passionate hosts.
How Does it Work?
1) Simply show up at the neighborhood venue a half hour before the open mic starts. (Slots will be available throughout the night if space allows, so if you cannot arrive early, you may still have a chance to share).
2) Write your name on the list. Names will be called in order.
3) When your name is called, you get seven minutes on stage to tell or read any story you'd like.
You are also welcome to attend just to listen. See below for details on each open mic, and visit our FAQ if you need answers.
DUE TO THE CURRENT PANDEMIC, WE ARE NOW OFFERING OUR OPEN MICS ONLINE SEVERAL TIMES A MONTH.
- To sign up for any particular evening, follow the link provided to a Google form.
- You are welcome to attend to share a story, or simply to listen.
- A Zoom link will be emailed to you early afternoon on the date of the open mic. All you need is a smartphone or computer with webcam and mic. If you do not have Zoom installed yet, the link will set you up. It's free, easy, and simple to use.
WE ARE TAKING AUGUST OFF, BUT WILL RETURN IN SEPTEMBER WITH A FULL MONTH OF ONLINE EVENTS
Please check back for details soon.
STILL LIVE AND IN PERSON
IN HOMEWOOD FOR AUGUST
(SEE EVENT PAGE FOR DETAILS)
Please click on the logos below for information on each
of the neighborhood open mics.