Do Not Submit is a series of free open mics around Chicagoland where people from all walks of life and backgrounds can come together each month to connect through the sharing of personal stories in a safe, supportive environment free from pressure, judgment, or a cover charge.
No experience is necessary to participate.
All are welcome to speak or simply listen.
Everyone has a story to tell, and we want to hear yours.
Do Not Submit is produced by Scott Whitehair and only made possible by an extraordinary team of enthusiastic, passionate hosts.
How Does it Work?
1) Simply show up at the neighborhood venue fifteen minutes before the open mic starts. (Slots will be available throughout the night if space allows, so if you cannot arrive early, you may still have a chance to share).
2) Write your name on the list. Names will be called in order.
3) When your name is called, you get seven minutes on stage to tell or read any story you'd like.
You are also welcome to attend just to listen. See below for details on each open mic, and visit our FAQ if you need answers.
INDOOR EVENTS HAVE RETURNED!
We plan to bring back our open mics all over Chicagoland once our situation is more stable, but for now, we will offer live, in person open mics at one location every week, with your safety our top priority.
Mrs. Murphy's &
Sons Irish Bistro
(3905 N. Lincoln Avenue)
@ 7:30 PM
(List opens at 7:15)
NO OPEN MIC ON DECEMBER 23RD!
*Proof of vaccination required for entry to upstairs
*Masks required except when telling
*Temperature check at door
*15 feet between teller and any audience
*Mic and stand sanitized between tellers
*Proper spacing between parties
*Windows cracked for airflow
*Industrial ventilation system
*Two medical grade HEPA purifiers exchanging air 4x an hour
Food and drinks available downstairs or on the patio before and after the event. Murphy's has a phenomenal menu and does everything safely. Drinks can be brought upstairs, but you will need to slip your mask aside for sips.
Free and metered parking on surrounding streets.
Brown Line is a 5 minute walk.
Elevator access to upstairs for accessibility.
Listeners welcome. We will get as many tellers in as possible.
If you arrive late, there still may be a chance to share.
ONLINE OPEN MICS
Will return in January!
Here's how online open mics work:
1) Click on the links above to fill out a simple Google form and register for the event.
You are welcome to join us as a teller or simply as a listener.
2) You will receive a Zoom link via email right away.
(The event will not be live streamed to any public platform.)
3) Same rules as in our in person events. See above.
Please click on the logos below for information on each
of the neighborhood open mics.