Do Not Submit is a series of free open mics around Chicagoland where people from all walks of life and backgrounds can come together each month to connect through the sharing of personal stories in a safe, supportive environment free from pressure, judgment, or a cover charge.
No experience is necessary to participate.
All are welcome to speak or simply listen.
Everyone has a story to tell, and we want to hear yours.
Do Not Submit is produced by Scott Whitehair and only made possible by an extraordinary team of enthusiastic, passionate hosts.
How Does it Work?
1) Simply show up at the neighborhood venue fifteen minutes before the open mic starts. (Slots will be available throughout the night if space allows, so if you cannot arrive early, you may still have a chance to share).
2) Write your name on the list. Names will be called in order.
3) When your name is called, you get seven minutes on stage to tell or read any story you'd like.
You are also welcome to attend just to listen. See below for details on each open mic, and visit our FAQ if you need answers.
Please click on the logos below for information on each
of the neighborhood open mics.
We are working to bring back locations all over Chicago.
For now, those listed below are the only active events.
ONLINE OPEN MICS
Will return soon!
Here's how online open mics work:
1) Click on the links above to fill out a simple Google form and register for the event.
You are welcome to join us as a teller or simply as a listener.
2) You will receive a Zoom link via email right away.
(The event will not be live streamed to any public platform.)
3) Same rules as in our in person events. See above.